Choose the Right Roofing System
If your roof detracts from your home’s beauty or you notice missing shingles or water stains, Century Roofing Limited in Calgary can help. Our Calgary roofers are qualified to repair or replace any surface of your roof. There are a lot of roofing materials available to consumers of varying price points, quality, and durability, depending whether it’s a flat or sloped roof. At Century Roofing Limited, we understand the value of this investment and offer some advice to help guide you in your decision making process.
Style is an important factor, but it’s not the only one. A house with multiple chimneys, intersecting rooflines (the points of intersection are called valleys), turrets, skylights, or other elements will cost significantly more to roof. There are many factors to consider when selecting a roof, including:
- How long will it last?
- Does it hold up during natural disasters such as wildfires or hurricanes?
- Is it too heavy for the existing roof framing and does the roof have enough slope?
- Are the materials eco-friendly and recyclable?
- Is the type of roofing allowed by local building codes?
- And finally, how much does it cost?
Flat roofs provide a stable, horizontal surface for your Calgary home and require routine maintenance. Century Roofing Limited offers Built-up Roofing, EPDM Rubber that will last up to 30 years, and Shingle Torch-On and 2-Ply Systems where modified bitumen and fibreglass combine to form a heavy-duty, moisture-resistant roof.
Century Roofing Limited also has experienced Calgary roofing contractors who can provide you with sloped roofing options:
- Asphalt Shingles: The most popular type of roofing for homes, comprising over 80% of the residential roofing market.
- Wood Shingles and Shakes: Commonly made of cedar, but can also be made of other rot resistant woods, such as redwood. They have low fire resistance unless treated. At Century Roofing Limited, we strive to offer roofing shingles in Calgary that match your preference. We use high quality wood to re-roof shakes and other shingle types.
- Laminate Shingles: Laminates provide the same protection traditional shingles give but come at a lower cost. Consult with our professionals to learn more about this roofing choice.
- Metal Roofing: While more expensive than asphalt, metal roofing lasts longer and is more wind resistant and may be composed of steel, aluminum, copper, or zinc alloy. Steel roofs come with either a zinc coating or painted finish. Copper roofs are installed unfinished and acquire a protective green patina with age. You can also feel good knowing you used a 100% recyclable material.