Is it Time for a New Roof?
Top 5 Indications that You Need a New Roof
The best way to determine whether your roof should be replaced is to have a reputable roofing contractor inspect it. Before you call us, you can also take some other factors into consideration.
These are the top 5 signs that your roof is close to reaching its expiration date:
1. Age of Your Roof – Is your roof over 20 years old? If so, you should be prepared to have it replaced in the near future. A quality new roof may endure for up to 25 years, but there could be many reasons that it may not last quite that long. If your old roof was a reroofing job, which involves placing a new roof over an existing one, then you should expect to get a new roof after about 20 years.
2. Missing and Damaged Shingles – A few shingles in disrepair should not mean that it is time to replace your roof. If the shingles are broken, cracked, and missing in several places though, it may not be worth the time and effort to repair them. Once water begins to seep through the damaged shingles, the foundation of the roof is at risk.
3. Cupping and Curling – Another indication of shingles in disrepair is cupping and curling. If the shingles are rising in their centers and flat at their edges, they are cupping. If the edges are curling upward, this is known as curling. Both issues are not a good sign, and they usually mean that the roof is beyond reasonable repair. If you get it repaired, it might last a bit longer, but it could also sustain some costly leaks in the meantime.
4. Granules in the Gutters – Too many granules in the gutters indicate that erosion has taken place. Bald spots on the roof make it vulnerable to further damage. This can soon result in several areas with leaks, so it is best to replace an eroding roof as soon as possible.
5. Interior of Your Home – The interior of your home can also give you a clue about the condition of your roof. Do you see mould or mildew on the ceiling? This may indicate a leak. If the mouldy spots are visible in several places, your roof probably needs to be replaced.
Getting a New Roof for Your Calgary Home
If you think your roof needs to be replaced, do not wait until spring to have it inspected. Leaving it in disrepair throughout the winter could cost you far more than a roof replacement. Century Roofing Limited is a reputable roofing company with a commitment to excellence.
Whether you require a new roof or roofing supplies in Calgary, we will get the job done right every time. Call us today at 403-235-5457, or contact us online to request more information.