Top Questions to Ask Your Roofer
The cost of home renovations, maintenance, or repairs can vary dramatically from the qualifications, certifications, and experience of the contractor to the materials you choose, especially when it comes to the major projects like roofing.
When asking a roofing contractor to tender or bid on your roofing project, in gathering comparable bids – you will need to determine everything required beforehand – to tell the contractors what they’re expected to bid on, and ensure the proposals are not only comparable, but they are what is required for the roof.
Watch for disclaimers, exclusions and limitations of liability, as well as the fee and warrantee. Once you have a handle on what is required to repair or even replace your roof and possibly the soffit, fascia, and eavestroughing - there are some important questions to ask the contractor before you accept his or her proposal and sign on that dotted line.
Before you even ask a roofing company to bid on a project, you should ensure they answer “yes” to:
- Do you provide a written estimate?
- Do you have a local phone number and address?
- Are you licensed?
- Do you have workman’s compensation insurance?
- Do you carry general liability insurance?
- Is there going to be someone on site with whom I can communicate?
You want to ensure you are working with an established local roofing contractor like Century Roofing Limited, who have built a solid reputation for quality workmanship and commitment to customer satisfaction. Next, you want to address those job specifics, again the answer you are looking for is “yes”:
- Will you remove my old roof?
- Will the cost of plywood should you find a rotten roof or soft roof decking be included?
- Are you going to install drip edge or edge metal when you install the new roof?
- Is there a warranty on my new roof and on its installation?
Finally, think of the safety and security of workers, and your property:
- Will you use ladder stabilizers or standoffs to protect my gutters when you install my roof?
- Do you bring a container for refuse material?
- How will you protect my landscaping during this project?
- Where will you place the container for the refuse to prevent damage to my driveway or yard?
- What will you do in the case of bad weather during the job?
Choose Century Roofing Limited
Century Roofing Limited has been installing, maintaining, and repairing siding, soffit and fascia, roof and eavestroughing for your home or business throughout Central and Southern Alberta and Eastern British Columbia since 1981. To plan your next project and get a free estimate, contact family-owned Century Roofing Limited at 403-235-5457 today.